Are you a Kodi power user eager to share your expertise? KodiProfy is seeking knowledgeable writers to contribute high-quality articles about the popular open-source media center.
As a contributor, you can help grow Kodi’s community and user base by creating accessible tutorials, how-tos, tips and tricks, and industry analysis. Read on for our writer guidelines and submission process.
What We’re Looking For
We want great writers who know their stuff when it comes to Kodi. Potential article topics include:
- Kodi Overviews – Introductory explainers on what Kodi is, its capabilities, history and development
- Installation Guides – Step-by-step tutorials for installing Kodi on various devices
- Add-ons – Reviews and setup guides for must-have video, music, gaming add-ons
- Customization – Skins, keymaps, interface tweaks to personalize Kodi
- Tips & Tricks – Pro tips for power users to get the most out of Kodi
- Troubleshooting – Fixes for common Kodi issues like buffering, crashes, etc.
- Build Guides – Instructions for installing pre-configured Kodi builds
- Hardware – Reviews of streaming devices, remotes, and gear that works with Kodi
- PVR Setup – Configuring Live TV, DVR, EPG guides
- Kodi Alternatives – Comparisons like Plex, Emby, MrMC, etc.
- Submit original, unpublished articles between 1500-2000 words
- Use clear, conversational language – write as if speaking to a friend
- Back up claims with credible sources and expert opinions
- Check grammar, spelling, punctuation, formatting
- Optimize drafting in Google Docs before submitting
Allowed Tech Topics
We accept submissions on the following Kodi-related topics:
- Kodi media center software
- Kodi add-ons, builds, skins, keyboards
- Devices and hardware for Kodi streaming
- Tips, tricks and how-to advice for Kodi users
- Streaming media, online video and OTT industry analysis
- Open-source home theater systems like Kodi
- Privacy, security and piracy issues around Kodi
Additional Software Topics
- Media center software comparisons and reviews
- Emerging technologies and trends in home media software
- Open source software principles and communities
- Digital rights management (DRM) and its impact
- HTPC operating systems like OSMC and LibreELEC
- Web-based media server software like Plex and Emby
- Mobile media player apps for iOS and Android
- Tools for organizing personal media libraries
- Online streaming and casting protocols like DLNA, Miracast, AirPlay
- Troubleshooting common software issues
- Customizing software interfaces and themes
- Software accessories like remote controls and keyboards
Let us know if you need any clarification on suggested topics! We aim to provide a broad range of software education to our readers.
Article Format Tips
Follow these tips adapt your writing style and structure for maximum engagement:
Use conversational tone and second-person POV
Address the reader directly using “you” statements. Avoid overly formal language.
Organize content logically
Lead with the main point or tutorial objective. Break sections into H2 and H3 subheadings.
Focus on practical, actionable advice
Show readers how to do something over just describing concepts.
Support tips with examples
Illustrate points using screenshots, videos, or real-life demonstrations.
Use images and multimedia
Include 5-10 relevant images or videos to engage visual learners.
Craft compelling titles
Think clickable yet descriptive. Include keywords where possible.
Check formatting and readability
Use short paragraphs, lists and highlight key details in bold.
Credit any quotes, statistics or copyrighted material used.
Ready to Contribute? Here’s How:
When your draft is ready, send us:
- Write us email here: master248(at)gmail.com
- The Google Doc link
- 2-3 sentence summary
- Your expertise in the topic
- Preferred author name and bio
Our editorial team will review your submission against our guidelines and be in touch within 24 hours.
If published, we’ll provide an author bio, link, and promote your post. You retain ownership and we have non-exclusive rights to publish on KodiProfy.
What are your article submission guidelines?
We accept original, unpublished articles between 1500-2000 words on Kodi and related software topics. All submissions should use conversational language, be well-researched, and formatted for readability.
What happens after I submit an article?
Our editorial team will review your submission within 24 hours and provide feedback. Minor edits may be made without approval, but we’ll seek confirmation for any major changes before publishing.
When will my submitted article be published?
If accepted, we strive to publish within 1 week. But timing depends on our editorial calendar. We’ll keep you updated on an expected publishing date.
Can I see the final edits before publication?
Yes! We’re happy to share back the final edited draft for your approval before publishing. Just let us know you’d like to review it.
What are the reprint/copyright rules?
You retain full ownership and copyright privileges over your submitted articles. By publishing with us, you grant KodiProfy unlimited, non-exclusive rights to display your work.
Will my article be SEO optimized?
We expect submitted articles to be optimized with relevant keywords and formatting best practices. Our editorial team will do some final on-page SEO tweaking before publishing.
Let us know if you have any other questions! We can’t wait to share your knowledge with our readers.